I wrote back in October that we thought we had a start date from the builder but I was a bit optimistic as we just had a rough time frame (the end of the year). However, we now have a specific date of Monday 13th February so we have a busy few weekends ahead of us to get ready for that.
As I write this The Husband is sanding back all the panelling on the stairs and cornicing that he doesn’t think is good enough. He’s definitely a perfectionist and there have been several bits bothering him since he installed it. It took a bit longer than planned and so he felt we ended up rushing it as we tried to get it done before the carpets were fitted. He is hoping to get it all finished before he rips out our existing kitchen.
We’re both fairly optimistic that 2017 will see us finish the majority of the house project but it’s been nice having a look back at the blog and reminding myself what we managed to tick off the list during the last 12 month. Jobs included:
- Adding the bookcases to the basement
- Installing the bar down there
- Getting a rug and coffee table to finish off the basement (for now!)
- Buying a coffee table and console table for the living room
- Agreeing on and buying a picture to brighten up the living room wall
- Adding some further colour to the living room with the coral rug and blue lamp
- Buying a bathroom cupboard and adding some pictures to the room (although they are due to be changed shortly!)
- Adding pictures to the stairs.
Overall it seems that the majority of the jobs were ‘finishing touches’ as we near the end of this project but that said, we’re about to take on our biggest project yet with the kitchen and outside space being completely changed. It’s exciting but also quite scary!