PROJECT: BASEMENT

We’ve been cracking on with getting the basement finished over the last few weeks and trying to get the floor down.  It’s been a rewarding job in that you can notice the difference quite quickly and so that has definitely helped our moral!  We’d got to a point when the plastic was going down and the hearth was in on this post.

Thanks to the investment of another bit of kit (some work bench thingy) cutting the wood has been nice and speedy and so it has been quite easy to put down.  We’re really pleased with how it looks and the fact we went with the walnut.

The kit was all quite easy to use too which helped:

IMG_5872

The Husband spent quite a bit of timing sorting the wood to get a nice mix of colour and grains:

IMG_5871

This is looking from the ‘TV area’ into the ‘office’.

IMG_5870

This is the corridor looking into the bathroom:

IMG_5880

This is looking from the bathroom into the little store-room at the end:

IMG_5879

We have also had the final two new radiators installed down there so they all now match and it looks much better:

IMG_5881

The electrician also came to move the plug socket that was in the fireplace.  We always thought it a really odd place for a plug socket and can only imagine the previous owners had an electric fire in there or a desk.  We still need to fill and plaster the hole but that should be quite easy…

IMG_5882 IMG_5885

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The biggest issue has been having to move all the piles of wood around to get to different parts of the room.

Advertisements

About katerenovates

Hello and welcome to Kate Renovates - a blog about my attempts at renovation. The Husband and I have now been living in our house for four years and changes are being made slowly. It's an unloved Victorian townhouse that had been converted into two flats. Armed with a little bit of know-how and bags of enthusiasm, we have turned it back into one house and are transforming it into our home. Many of the original features remain but the flats had been rented out and so none of the rooms were in great shape. Luckily, it has a fully functioning kitchen and we recently finished the new bathroom and so things are getting more and more comfortable all the time. We're learning as we go and sharing our ups (and downs) on here as we try (fingers crossed) to bring the house back to life. I'd love to hear your thoughts on my blog or any tips you may have on our house project, so to contact me, please email katerenovates@gmail.com
This entry was posted in Work in progress and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s