PROJECT: DRESSING ROOM

We have finally moved in!  This time last week we spent the evening sorting out, cleaning and moving into the dressing room.  It definitely wasn’t the quick job I was told back in April it was going to be but it looks good and I’m very impressed with what The Husband has done.

As mentioned here, it has taken a lot of blood, sweat and tears to finish it but the end result is far better than I was expecting.  It’s not 100% complete as the dressing table and mirror are still to be installed, we need a hook for the back of the door, the blind has not yet arrived and I want some better storage for my make-up and bits but the clothes are in!

So, in the last few weeks The Husband has:

  • Installed the floor, which is the same as the one used at the other end of the landing in our bathroom

IMG_5825 IMG_5821

  • Built and installed the drawers although I still take the credit for this idea (even if they were a nightmare)
  • IMG_5835Done more cleaning than I’ve ever seen him do
  • IMG_5833Chosen and installed the window film – we got it from John Lewis in the end and it was far easier to do than we thought it would be
  • IMG_5842Chosen and installed a grey lamp shade
  • IMG_5837Fitted the mirror behind the door – it is on a hinge though so it means you can stand in any point of the room and see your outfit

IMG_5838

So this is where we got to….

IMG_5841IMG_5840

and then the clothes went in…

IMG_5844IMG_5843

And what’s even more exciting is that now we have got rid of all the clothes and clutter we can see the potential of our bedroom again.  We’d almost forgotten about the fire place as we’d not seen it for so long and we can finally reach the blinds to open them!  One day we’ll even be ready to open all our wedding presents which are still stacked in piles around the house and maybe even get a bed to go with our mattress…

IMG_5857 IMG_5858

Advertisements

About katerenovates

Hello and welcome to Kate Renovates - a blog about my attempts at renovation. The Husband and I have now been living in our house for four years and changes are being made slowly. It's an unloved Victorian townhouse that had been converted into two flats. Armed with a little bit of know-how and bags of enthusiasm, we have turned it back into one house and are transforming it into our home. Many of the original features remain but the flats had been rented out and so none of the rooms were in great shape. Luckily, it has a fully functioning kitchen and we recently finished the new bathroom and so things are getting more and more comfortable all the time. We're learning as we go and sharing our ups (and downs) on here as we try (fingers crossed) to bring the house back to life. I'd love to hear your thoughts on my blog or any tips you may have on our house project, so to contact me, please email katerenovates@gmail.com
This entry was posted in Work in progress and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s