As part of our restoration project we have restored the fireplace in the living room and the master bedroom. The one in the living room has been used lots this winter but we’re yet to use the one upstairs.
On the top floor, we’re planning to turn the room into a guest room so have not lined the chimney but did want to install a little fireplace to add some character to the room. We discovered the tiles from the hearth when we ripped up the carpet and that made us more determined to put a fireplace back in. The Boyfriend managed to find a lovely little fireplace locally and it’s now been installed:
The hearth is not in the middle of the wall which is a bit odd but we decided to keep it where it was originally.
We’re currently in the process of stripping off the wall paper of the back bedroom and have discovered yet another filled in fireplace. We’ve yet to work out how this room will be designed but we could be on the hunt for another fireplace soon!