BANK HOLIDAY FUN

In the last week or so I’ve started to see the start of the DIY ads on TV, just in time for the Easter holiday.  We’re being reminded to paint our fences or update the colour of our hallways and encouraged to buy a new kitchen.  However, the cold weather has made it hard to believe that it’s time for Easter – the front garden is still covered in snow and the gutters have huge icicles hanging from them.

Anyway, we didn’t need anything (or anyone) reminding us that we should spend the weekend doing DIY on the house!  The Boyfriend and I both decided to stay put rather than head off to spend Easter with our families and are pleased with the progress we have made.

In total we’ve made eight trips to the dump (the old kitchen units have finally gone) and have had a clean up so we’re ready for the builders to come in and work their magic.

Some of the progress we made this weekend includes:

1) Opening up the banister on the first floor – the light now shines down from the top floor to the front door. IMG_0549 IMG_0551 IMG_0555

IMG_0590

We’d hoped to discover the original banister underneath there but sadly it has been removed and only a small part remains. IMG_0563


  2) We’ve FINALLY finished the wallpaper project (for now).  It involved The Boyfriend coming up with some fancy tools to extend our reach but we got there in the end.

IMG_0601

IMG_0602

3) Removed more of the tiles and render from the bathroom.

IMG_0587

IMG_0589

IMG_0604

4) Started to strip back the paint on the door frames.

IMG_0581

IMG_0592

IMG_0607

All in all quite a successful weekend…

Advertisements

About katerenovates

Hello and welcome to Kate Renovates - a blog about my attempts at renovation. The Husband and I have now been living in our house for four years and changes are being made slowly. It's an unloved Victorian townhouse that had been converted into two flats. Armed with a little bit of know-how and bags of enthusiasm, we have turned it back into one house and are transforming it into our home. Many of the original features remain but the flats had been rented out and so none of the rooms were in great shape. Luckily, it has a fully functioning kitchen and we recently finished the new bathroom and so things are getting more and more comfortable all the time. We're learning as we go and sharing our ups (and downs) on here as we try (fingers crossed) to bring the house back to life. I'd love to hear your thoughts on my blog or any tips you may have on our house project, so to contact me, please email katerenovates@gmail.com
This entry was posted in Wallpaper, Work in progress and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s