We have stripped the woodchip wallpaper all the way down to the front door now which is very exciting. The Boyfriend has worked really hard to get as much of the boring stuff out of the way over the winter so that we can start seeing some exciting changes once the weather warms up. We just need to work on the ceilings and the two main rooms on the middle floor and then we can put the steamer away for a while.
With regards to our planning application, we have had the green notice up outside our house for the last few weeks. The date for any queries to be entered was last Friday so fingers crossed it all goes through without any problems.
We also had a visit from the Building Regulation department at the Council who talked through some of the issues we need to consider when we put the building application in. The guy who came was really helpful and even gave us the names of some other builders to approach. While we have found a builder we really want to work with, we are concerned that our project is too small for him and so we’re dropping further and further down his list. The only frustrating thing we were told is that we need to replace all of the doors – we fully understand why from a fire safety point of view but we were hoping to keep them and just smarten then up.